New in Mozart 11
Mozart 11 was released in September 2011.
It introduced the following new features.
Please note: the music images on this page were created with Mozart 11. The quality of engraving provided by the current version is much improved in many respects.
Mozart's overall appearance and has been updated, with tabbed multiple documents:
Beams and phrase marks offer more flexibility:
Tuplet reiterations offer more flexibility; dynamics may be attached to notes to keep them from straying; use of the anacrusis is now more flexible.
The Mozart Jazz Font is bundled with Mozart 11, offering a choice of 'classic' or 'jazz' appearance. Text reformatting on changing music fonts is expedited.
Text entries and page format
- improved titling
- verses at the bottom of the page
- titles between pieces on the same page
- Mozart now imports MusicXML format making a wide body of work available to Mozart users.
- MusicXML also provides an improved interface (over NIFF) with various scanning programs.
- Mozart 11 can save files compatible with Mozart 9 and/or Mozart 10, as well as reading files from any earlier version of Mozart.